- #: 168024
- Price: $1.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Education
- Updated: 2011-02-10
- Current Version: 1.0
- Size: 57.70 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dr. Peet's Software
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.1 or later.
- © 2011 Dr. Peet's Software, LLC.
Add to Favorite apps
*****The Only TALKING WORD PROCESSOR for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod)*****Dr. Peet's WritingBuddy gives young children learning to read, people with special needs and people learning English as a second language a personal talking writing laboratory…..
Rated 4/5 based on 2 customer reviews.
I am a special education teacher and have been hunting for a talking word processor for my students. Thank you for finally making one! Add a few features and this will be an invaluable tool for schools to use and certainly earn 5 stars:
1) Must have spell check! The audio is excellent and the program pronounces words that are spelled phonetically, but not necessarily spelled correctly. The students need to know if a word is misspelled so they can correct it.
2) Consider adding word prediction. The iPod itself has word prediction and this is an important tool for special education students when writing.
3) Reduce the navigation area at the bottom to leave more space for writing. But thank you for making it easy to turn off these buttons and control what the students have access to! Could you make the buttons disappear if they are turned off so that the students only see what is available to them? The email is really the only one we need most of the time!
This app is well worth the money and the auditory feedback is extremely important for many special education students, as well as young children just learning to write. Thank you for this app!!
Outstanding App by Dr. Jean M. Casey
Spiffy KGram write:
This is the most important app for a child learning to read and write, it empowers them to write their own ideas, words, stories and hear them read back to them. It needs to be in every home and every classroom.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes